The healthcare of you and your loved ones should not be left to chance. Medical centers in the HCA Far West Division offer you superior choices for healthcare. From Nevada???s Las Vegas Valley to the Silicon Valley, West Valley and South Bay Area in California, we are recognized for our quality awards and accreditations.
Exclusive and specialty medical services in Nevada and California in nine hospitals and six surgical centers provide a full spectrum of primary, acute, tertiary and chronic care for you and your loved ones. Our specialized care areas focus on advancing the science of medicine while providing high quality, new and life-saving technology, and safe patient care.
As supportive community healthcare partners with a commitment to the improvement of human life, you are cared for by compassionate physicians, nurses and staff who are trained in the finest medical schools.
Visit the web sites of our state-of-the art medical facilities where distinctions like ""The First, The Only, The Best"" describe our services for the entire community.
Helping you make educated health treatment decisions with greater peace of mind is part of our mission . As the healthcare partner in your community, our mission and dedication to you and to quality, safe, cost-effective healthcare is stronger than ever.
HCA's Far West Division has an opportunity for a Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP). This individual will engage and collaborate with designated leaders (CEO, CFO, Clinical Professionals, Physicians, Practice Managers, etc.) to understand talent demands of the business and define people strategies as it relates to the needs of our Integrated Lines of Business (ILOB), comprised of Ambulatory Surgical Centers, Physician Services Groups, Urgent Care Services, IT&S, etc. Specifically, the HRBP will be primarily supporting leadership throughout our Far West operations and reporting to the VP, HR, ILOB. This position requires someone who is comfortable with both tactical as well as strategic HR functions. HCA HR has recently undergone a transition from a generalist to a business partner strategy, and has moved into a new ""OneHR"" model (shared services, COE's - Centers of Excellence, self-service portal access, etc.). This is an extremely active, fast paced environment that's continuing to grow and is one of HCA's valued hospitals. We are looking for an HRBP who can engage both leadership as well as employees, keep up with the demands of HR and provide the best experience possible to all stakeholders.
The following is an overview of the position:
Engage designated leaders to understand talent needs of the businesses and define people strategies.
- Implement HCA-wide and location-specific HR initiatives
If applicable, work with the VP of HR and the Labor Relations Center of Excellence to support Labor Relations strategy (i.e., grievance procedures must involve Labor Relations).
Advise leaders on people issues
- Provide HR observations related to departmental issues in meetings and one-on-one. Interpret talent management data for departments and work with VP of HR to develop appropriate initiatives.
- Coach designated leaders through change management, performance management issues, etc.
- Respond to leader questions and requests for information, point them to appropriate self-service tools.
- Employee relations activities as necessary (plans of action, separations/terminations, etc.).
Deploy development programs
- Advise leaders on learning and organizational development. May include program implementation such as ensuring completion of employee development plans, updating the succession plan and implementing other programs and tools.
- Deploy HCA career development program tools and processes. Includes coaching leaders, participating in employee career counseling and feedback sessions, equipping managers with standard tools for coaching, feedback & planning.
Support Employee & Community engagement
- Promote and foster a healthy work environment; raise awareness of available programs to assist employees. Implement appropriate employee engagement programs and union avoidance initiatives (as applicable).
- Prepare/coordinate events e.g. holiday celebrations, employee recognition events, service awards, community support.
- Coordinate and facilitate employee activity groups and other employee teams (peer reviews).
Interpret and drive departmental action planning as a result of employee engagement surveys; assess facility ???temperature??? through formal and informal sensing and plan actions with department managers.
Counsel managers and employees on situational issues; resolve employee conflicts.
Implement business performance, quality and patient care initiatives
- Partner with designated leaders to uphold all compliance standards (Joint Commission, Dept. of Labor, HR policies, etc.) and create an environment of compliance/excellence.
- Support employee relations, ethics, or compliance investigations (initial interviews & fact gathering); maintain tracking for issues/concerns and handle inquiries from employees or managers.
- Deploy performance management/appraisal program tools and processes in their assigned facility areas. Includes coaching, participating in assigning ratings, feedback sessions and developing performance improvement plans.
- Advise designated leaders on performance counseling and discipline procedures; consult on suspension or termination of employment actions; provide information on RIF processes and severance.
- Escalate major issues to VP of HR and/or HR Center of Excellence/HR Service Centers when appropriate.
- Support measurement of productivity and addressing of productivity issues.
- Implement emergency response plans with appropriate leaders.
Execute HR operational excellence
- Work with VP of HR and all HR Centers of Excellence to give feedback on strategies and programs to more effectively meet the needs of businesses
- Prepare managers for the compensation planning process and provide compensation budget information.
- Support Total Rewards COE with benefits enrollment at facility level.
- Work with designated department leaders on workforce planning, including position control/review; aligning with budget, productivity metrics, resourcing processes, etc. Review and localize job descriptions and compensation with Recruiting and Compensation Centers of Excellence. Assist leadership with temporary/PRN workforce planning & implementation, internship/externship placements and other non-RFT talent processes.
- Perform worker???s comp intake processing; support applicable employee leave of absence/return to work administration at facility level (advising employees on process, completing necessary onsite paperwork, etc.).
- Facilitate local interview process for hiring. Develop and deliver local onboarding and facility orientation programs.
- Support effective leader and employee communications.
- Support utilization of the HR support model; guide employees to the appropriate channel and ensure proper utilization of HR policies and processes.
- 3 years professional work experience (within an HR related area of focus - employee relations/employment law, succession planning, retention, engagement, performance management, workforce planning, etc.).
- Healthcare and/or hospital experience within an HR context highly desired.
- Solid computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) and the ability to collect data/analyze data.
- Any Lawson exposure is an added plus.
- Undergraduate college degree required. Advanced degree very helpful (especially for future career progression).
- PHR or SPHR preferred.
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, we are the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 165 hospitals and 115 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and England and employing approximately 204,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities. Milton Johnson serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HCA.