Develop & implement cost-effective environmental, health, safety, and security programs that ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations, including but not limited to EPA, OSHA, and corporate guidelines. Develop and implement a comprehensive environmental, safety, health, and security program aligned with Division and Corporate business strategy.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure that the facility and all contractors/vendors are in compliance with all of the Federal, State and Local Environmental and Safety Regulations.
- Conduct Safety and Environmental Audits to ensure compliance with corporate safety and government standards.
- Maintain all required records and submit all required reports to the regulatory agencies (OSHA, EPA, etc.) on a timely basis and interface with regulatory agency personnel and loss control service providers.
- Develop training materials and conduct environmental training for plant personnel.
- Maintain corporate licenses and obtain required EHS permits ( e.g. POTW, EPA, etc.) for the process and/or equipment or discharges generated at the facility
- Develop training materials and conduct classroom and hands on training of author-ized employees in specified departments that cover such loss control topics as hazard communication, emergency action plans, hearing conservation, personal protective equipment, confined space entry, lockout/tagout, electrical safety, fall protection, inci-dent investigation and hazard analysis, equipment safety and all other related training as requirements are added or updated.
- Chair the Safety and Health committee, working with the Director of Human Re-sources, all department heads, and other S&H committee members to manage the overall S&H program.
- Provide supervisors in manufacturing, shipping, and sales with safety topics for their shift/sales meetings.
- Assist the Manufacturing Manager, VP of Sales, and other department heads on training all members of management and other employees to make safety a part of their daily work routines. Monitor authorized employee compliance with S&H policies and procedures.
- Ensure the provision of plant equipment, safety systems and personal protective equipment required to control the risk of hazards in the work area.
- Manage the issuance of permits for such activities as welding, confined space entry, forklift operation, etc.
- Investigate all injuries and illnesses with members of the S&H committee, report find-ings to the appropriate department head and to the HR Director. Implement necessary corrective or preventative actions. Assist the HR Director on reviewing and closing ac-tive claims on an ongoing basis.
- Oversee company security, including the plant facility, warehouses, thrift stores, etc.
- Maintains cleanliness of work area.
- Strong communications and analytical skills.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels.
- Knowledge of OSHA 29 CFR & EPA 40 CFR regulations.
- Knowledge in computer software skills (i.e., Windows, Microsoft Excel, Word, etc.).
A minimum of 4+ years experience in Environmental/Health and a minimum of 4+ years experience in Occupational Safety and Health (preferably in a manufacturing environment).
A bachelorÔ€™s degree in Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Science, Engineering or related field and a strong knowledge of safety and environmental regulations, waste water, storm water, air emissions, OSHA, and safety.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits including medical, dental, and 401(k).┬ Please reply by 12/14/2016.┬ Resumes are active for 30 days.┬ Interested job seekers who successfully complete the series of pre-screening questions and who appear to possess the basic qualifications for this position may be contacted for a telephone interview.
Flowers Bak Co Henderson, LLC┬ is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEO/AA/VETS/Disabled)
If you need assistance with submitting your resume due to a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to Sara R Cockburn at SARA.COBURN@FLOCORP.COM or 702-567-6401.