- Identifies productivity opportunities and recommends solutions to the appropriate facility and division individuals.
- Provides input on the utilization of PLUS and Benchmark; web-based applications used to capture and report statistical values used for managing labor costs based on units of service.
- Maintains associated infrastructure to insure that accurate and current data is available in productivity based tools (PLUS, Facility Position Control (FPC), Volume Forecasting, Staffing Grids, Facility Scheduler, etc.).
- Provides training, at the department level, for PLUS, FPC, Facility Scheduler, and Scheduling Excellence tools and report interpretation.
- Continuously monitor productivity performance using recognized tools and software.
- Develops, oversees, and improves daily operations, policies, systems and procedures necessary to support cost reduction and system utilization goals.
- Oversees the position requisition process.
- Serves as resource/member of the PI division team in the completion of a minimum of 2 traditional facility Performance Improvement engagements on an annual basis.
- Researches and transfers best practices to support performance improvement projects and renders reports based on analysis and research.
- Directs standardization of operational policies and procedures across division as appropriate.
- Utilizes comparative data to target performance improvement opportunities.
- Ensures the delivery of consistent and accurate management reporting to accelerate decision making.
- Participates in facility and division budget planning.
- Serve as resource for productivity standard development.
- Provide weekly and monthly status updates on productivity performance across the Division.
- Actively participates in projects and conversations with labor management peers in other divisions via corporate support structure and contributes to enterprise knowledge bank.
- Primary contact for facilities on labor related activities.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Master's degree preferred. Relative work experience may substitute for other degrees.
• 7 years professional experience; 4-6 years relevant work experience
• Must be proficient in written and verbal skills
• Must have advanced analytical skills
• Experience within healthcare operations required
- Experience with labor management systems preferred
• Division based, travel required, % based on division geographic locations
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, we are the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 165 hospitals and 115 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and England and employing approximately 204,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities. Milton Johnson serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HCA.