We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Senior Manager, Trust Onboarding (“SM-TO”) will drive Charles Schwab Trust Company’s (”CSTC”) sales and new business development, including educating Schwab Financial Consultant and business partners, fostering relationships with centers of influence (e.g. attorneys, CPAs), and managing sales activities. The SM-TO will assist in the development and implementation of processes and procedures to ensure an outstanding client experience while effectively managing risk and adhering to CSTC policies and procedures. The SM-TO will help design and execute on our sales strategy and ensure sales, net new asset, and quality objectives are met. The onboarding team is the face of CSTC to Schwab and is the primary contact for internal and external clients. The SM-TO will be a key contributor to assure we achieve our long-term business objectives while complying with all CSTC policies and procedures, as well as all applicable state and federal banking regulations in the context of their responsibilities.
What you’ll do:
- Assist in the development and oversight of procedures implementing the Policies of the CSTC, ensuring processes are designed with a “Through the Client’s Eyes” perspective and consistent with Schwab’s client-first culture
- Will provide input and successfully execute on our sales process for successor trustee opportunities, building strong relationships with branch network leadership, Financial Consultants, and centers of influence to ensure CSTC products are effectively sold and sale targets are achieved
- Candidate will become knowledgeable and work closely with Wealth Strategists, Schwab Charitable and other internal partners to identify and participate in the presentation of strategies that may help the client and family achieve their wealth transfer objectives
- Identify areas missed by our competition that permit our department to test and implement new ideas, reduce errors and provide clients with solutions that add value to their financial lives. (Examples may include more seamless transactions, faster processing, increased transparency, reduced expenses, improved client interface/communications, and others). Candidate will be expected and encouraged to continually identify opportunities to improve our process and brand so we can achieve a superior client experience
- Responsible for reviewing trust documents, court documents, asset statements, LLC/LP operating agreements and related materials, in the context of CSTC serving as a prospective or current trustee. Work closely with Trust Counsel and Trust Administration and Trust Operations, to determine acceptability, profitability, potential for risk in serving as trustee
- Responsible for identifying policy and procedure changes, technology changes and enhancements and general office/staff needs in all aspects of the trust offering
- Support trust administration and onboarding needs as needed in order to ensure efficient processing, effective dual control of trust assets, and segregation of duties
What you have:
- 5+ years’ experience in personal trust and estate administration and/or prior experience with trust systems and procedures including BPM/Workflow, IRA distribution and account registration, inherited IRA distribution & registration, estate administration
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, CTFA preferred, or willingness and aptitude to earn CTFA within 1 year of start date
- Strong knowledge of the principles of trust administration
- Superior organizational and prioritization skills combined with the ability to handle multiple priorities without sacrificing quality or accuracy
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven track record of understanding, building and leveraging informal relationships within own or others' organizations to increase interdepartmental efficiencies, enhance client experience and produce superior results for the organization
- Highly motivated self-starter. Ability to quickly grasp concepts, work independently and actively communicate
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
Position Located In:NV - Henderson
The Charles Schwab Corporation (NYSE: SCHW) has been a leader in financial services for more than three decades. Through advocacy and innovation, the company has worked to make investing more affordable, more accessible and more understandable to all.
Today, Schwab meets the needs of individual and institutional clients through two operating segments:
- Investor Services helps individuals with brokerage, banking, insurance and other financial services. Clients have easy access online, by phone or at a local Schwab branch.
- Institutional Services provides dedicated support for independent investment advisors, employers and third-party benefit plan administrators.
Who We Hire:
Schwab hires people at all levels of experience who have the desire, drive and creativity to help our clients be financially fit. We actively recruit for a variety of roles, including financial consultants, registered brokers and trainees, client service specialists and portfolio consultants. In addition, we offer challenging careers in technology, sales, marketing and other areas of business support.