VSR Industries has been a world leader for over 40 years in the casino gaming industry, manufacturing high security locks and custom fabricated sheet metal and wood products. Corporate headquarters and manufacturing plants are located in Henderson, NV.
In support of continued strong growth, our Company seeks to enhance its core team with the appointment of an experienced and motivated Welder.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sets up and operates equipment to weld parts of sheet metal according to blueprints or product specifications.
- Tests and adjusts equipment relying on knowledge and 100% MIG welding skills and 80% TIG welding skills.
- Reads prints, work orders or production schedules to determine specifications, such as quantity, dimensions and/or tolerances.
- Reads welding symbols.
- Performs periodic checks on output; measures completed parts to verify conformance to specifications.
- Uses measuring instruments at 100% accuracy relying on full working knowledge and experience.
- Maintains high level of productivity and produces quality parts.
- Operates and calibrates spot welding equipment according to various material thickness.
- Operates and calibrates stud welding equipment according to various stud sizes.
- Identifies equipment, production and/or parts issues; troubleshoots issues with management and appropriate personnel.
- Maintains excellent work attendance.
- Performs preventative maintenance tasks to maintain equipment performance and prevent machine downtime.
- Works under minimal to no supervision.
- Mechanical and Technical Capacity
- Basic Math Aptitude
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Teamwork Capacity
- Communication Proficiency
- Ability to read and interpret technical documentation (e.g., blueprints, drawings, etc.)
- Ability to work independently
This job operates in a manufacturing environment. This role routinely uses hand tools and measuring instruments. While in the manufacturing environment, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, low-speed and high-speed machines, and moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment can be moderate to high.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands and arms; bend, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; climb or balance; and lift and/or move items up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum 3 years experience with welding operations.
Pre-employment drug screen and background check are required.
Weld, welding, welder, sheet metal, fabrication, tig, mig, manufacturing