We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Sr. Manager provides compliance and underwriting support for the Community Development Group of the Bank. This position has primary responsibility for ensuring preparedness for CRA examinations and for supporting the origination of CRA eligible loans and investments in the Bank’s CRA Assessment Areas. This position has responsibility for day-to-day management of CRA compliance, and also works closely with the Managing Director of Lending to implement the Bank’s CRA eligible loan products and programs. The Senior Manager is also responsible for providing CRA analytics, e.g. market studies, compliance research, and special projects.
What you’ll do:
- Provides primary underwriting support for Director of Lending and Senior Underwriter, with particular emphasis on loans to CDFIs, and secondary underwriting support for Director of Investing, as necessary
- Ensures that all Schwab Bank Community Development Loans, Investments, Grants and Services are “Exam-Ready” at all times
- Maintains a current CRA Performance Context for Schwab Bank
- Assists independent, state and federal regulator auditor inquiries; assists in review and revision of CRA related policies and procedures including the CRA Strategic Plan
- Coordinates responses to regulatory examiners; makes necessary preparations for such exams
- Day-to-day responsibility for maintaining CRA Public File (including on Schwab.com) to ensure that it is updated in a timely manner and is up-to-date with all regulations
- Maintains deep knowledge of rules and regulations, including but not limited to, the Community Reinvestment Act. Closely follows regulatory/public policy developments and programmatic trends in the market
- Supports the Senior Managers, Directors, and Vice President on special projects when necessary
What you have:
- 5-10 years banking experience in community development finance and/or compliance
- Knowledge of the Community Reinvestment Act
- Strong general project management skills and the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience in supporting exam process with regulators
- Experience managing relationships with CDFIs and other nonprofit borrowers
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and project management skills
- Experience in working with local and national CDFIs and non-profit organizations
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Advanced degree (JD, MBA, MPA, MPP or equivalent) preferred
- Ability to self-lead and work with little supervision
- Interaction with business leaders and Bank senior management requires superior judgment and communication skills
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
Position Located In:NV - Henderson
The Charles Schwab Corporation (NYSE: SCHW) has been a leader in financial services for more than three decades. Through advocacy and innovation, the company has worked to make investing more affordable, more accessible and more understandable to all.
Today, Schwab meets the needs of individual and institutional clients through two operating segments:
- Investor Services helps individuals with brokerage, banking, insurance and other financial services. Clients have easy access online, by phone or at a local Schwab branch.
- Institutional Services provides dedicated support for independent investment advisors, employers and third-party benefit plan administrators.
Who We Hire:
Schwab hires people at all levels of experience who have the desire, drive and creativity to help our clients be financially fit. We actively recruit for a variety of roles, including financial consultants, registered brokers and trainees, client service specialists and portfolio consultants. In addition, we offer challenging careers in technology, sales, marketing and other areas of business support.