- For a eighth consecutive year HCA has earned national recognition as one of the best workplaces for information technology professionals. HCA ranked No. 42 on Computerworld???s 2014 ???Best Places to Work in Information Technology??? list of 100 companies.
- HCA has been recognized by the Ethisphere Institute as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
The Manager of Clinical Application Services provides technical and managerial leadership in establishing goals and priorities and in the overall management of current and planned clinical application systems and services within an HCA division. This position ensures continuity and alignment of the division's clinical application services direction and plans with HCA's corporate IT&S strategies, division IT&S strategic plans, and facility needs, and participates in architecting the division's clinical application services infrastructure and in the development of guidelines, procedures, and standards. Primary responsibilities include serving as the clinical applications leader for the division, managing the Division Clinical Specialist Team, and coordinating consistent support of clinical applications, such as MEDITECH, within the division. This individual also assists in resolving highly complex issues regarding clinical applications, coordinates division-wide testing and implementation of software releases, assists in developing strategies for training and tools for all clinical applications across the division, and champions standardization, utilization, optimization and use of best practices in clinical applications. The Manager of Clinical Application Services requires subject matter knowledge across clinical applications. This position must stay abreast of latest clinical application developments to ensure service levels proactively meet or exceed corporate and division requirements and service level agreements with key stakeholders and vendors. This position requires strong people management skills, personal drive, and the ability to see strategy through to execution in a matrix reporting environment. Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills are required.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
- Responsible for technical and managerial leadership in establishing goals and priorities and in the overall management of current and planned clinical application systems and services within an HCA division.
- Meets with corporate, division, and facility-level leadership teams, as needed, to align strategy, services, and coordinate implementation activities.
- Responsible for personnel management, performance reviews, competency development, and coaching of staff.
- Builds and maintains relationships with business operations, IT&S leaders, and vendors.
- Participates in resource planning and allocates resources to meet goals of the clinical application services area, IT&S goals and business priorities.
- Organizes, plans, assigns, and monitors completion of work.
- Participates in the development of corporate and division-level clinical application standards, policies, and procedures.
- Ensures that the design and use of clinical applications adhere to established HCA policies, procedures, and standards.
- Leads analysis of organizational needs for development and implementation of clinical applications; interfaces with users to ensure that clinical applications are developed which meet their business and specifications.
- Establishes and manages internal service level agreements and ensures external service level agreements with vendors are met.
- Assists the director in the development of the budget and develops project cost estimates for division and/or facilities.
- Ensures that service resources are assigned for the timely resolution of clinical application incidents and requests.
- Works with enterprise subject matter experts and services resources and the enterprise Service Desk in managing resolution of clinical application incidents and requests.
- Creates an environment that encourages information sharing, team-based resolutions, cross-training, and process improvement within the area and across organizational boundaries.
- Grows the support capabilities for clinical applications throughout the Division.
- Works with facility and zone Sr. Clinical Analysts, Clinical Analysts, Super User/Core Team Members, Physician Support Coordinators, and the Division Clinical Specialist Team to implement the division plan for application standardization, utilization, integration, and optimization.
- Promotes system security and patient confidentiality and helps ensure compliance.
- Coordinates the sharing of best practice models, and policies & procedures related to clinical application systems.
- Participates in activities to improve departmental and organizational performance.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with outside vendors of IT&S products, professional organizations, contract employees, co-ops, external auditors, and consultants.
- Builds strong relationships with clinical application users groups across HCA, IT&S managers and directors.
- Adheres to Code of Conduct and Mission & Value Statement.
- Participates in special projects as needed and performs other duties as assigned. #LI-TF1 INDDM
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- A thorough knowledge and understanding of current and emerging clinical applications technology
- Mature understanding of clinical application support processes and workflow
- Understands pertinent JCAHO, MQSA, HIPAA and ACR guidelines
- Strong analytical skills and detailed organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to proactively identify needs, manage resources, and multi-task
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated customer orientation
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, develop, and retain staff
- Demonstrated ability to work in stressful situations
- Competency in basic PC use and required tools
- Must be able to drive to assigned sites to complete work
- Bachelor's degree required
- Three years of experience in clinical applications support
- Three years managerial experience including budgeting, maintaining policies and database analysis
- Experience in large, complex organization or corporate structured environment
- Experience in team leadership and direct supervision
- Experience creating and leading communications with direct reports, senior leaders, business partners, vendors to ensure collaboration, efficiency, and service excellence
- Valid state license and proof of auto insurance, if applicable
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, we are the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 165 hospitals and 115 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and England and employing approximately 204,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities. Milton Johnson serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HCA.