We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Charles Schwab has a newly-created Corporate Counsel, Regulatory Change Management position at its expanding Henderson, NV Office which requires an experienced attorney with a broad knowledge of federal and state laws, regulations, and guidance affecting large financial institutions and possessing specific subject matter expertise in regulatory matters in one or more enterprise risk management disciplines (operations, compliance, BSA/AML, cyber-security, liquidity, capital, etc.). The candidate we seek must possess demonstrated experience in performing legal analysis and summarizing regulatory proposals and the ability to build strong, long term business relationships with Compliance, Legal, and other stakeholders to effect regulatory change across the organization.
What you’ll do:
- Provide legal analysis and summaries of relevant rulemaking in a timely manner.
- Facilitate cross functional teams to include Compliance, Legal, Businesses, etc. in the detailed impact analysis, comment letters and action plans
- Coordinate and facilitate review session on proposed rulemaking working with Compliance, Government Affairs, Legal, and Businesses to ensure comprehensive look forward impact as well as identifying, tracking, and reporting on agreed upon actions (i.e., responses during commentary period, business impact assessments, etc.)
- Assist with the tracking, communications, and MIS reporting on Regulatory Change implementation status to cross divisional and Enterprise Risk Governance Committees and the Board.
What you have:
- JD required.
- Must have at least 4 years work experience from either a broker-dealer, bank, or similar company in any of the following: financial services regulatory analysis, regulatory change management, regulatory inventory, inventory of laws, inventory of obligations, or drafting comment letters on rulemaking.
- Strong communication and analytical collaboration skill
- Subject matter expertise in bank regulatory matters and risk governance matters
- Ability to work effectively with others at all levels across the organization and provide authoritative guidance to management and staff within the organization
- Experience working within a large, complex financial service organization.
- Strong project management,
- change management, and/or process improvement skill set
- Problem solving skills as well as flexibility and adaptability are of key importance.
- Strong working knowledge of multiple businesses and associated processes within financial organization with focus on regulatory change management.
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life.
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
Position Located In:NV - Henderson
The Charles Schwab Corporation (NYSE: SCHW) has been a leader in financial services for more than three decades. Through advocacy and innovation, the company has worked to make investing more affordable, more accessible and more understandable to all.
Today, Schwab meets the needs of individual and institutional clients through two operating segments:
- Investor Services helps individuals with brokerage, banking, insurance and other financial services. Clients have easy access online, by phone or at a local Schwab branch.
- Institutional Services provides dedicated support for independent investment advisors, employers and third-party benefit plan administrators.
Who We Hire:
Schwab hires people at all levels of experience who have the desire, drive and creativity to help our clients be financially fit. We actively recruit for a variety of roles, including financial consultants, registered brokers and trainees, client service specialists and portfolio consultants. In addition, we offer challenging careers in technology, sales, marketing and other areas of business support.