- For an eighth consecutive year HCA has earned national recognition as one of the best workplaces for information technology professionals. HCA ranked No. 42 on Computerworld ???s 2014 ""Best Places to Work in Information Technology"" list of 100 companies.
- HCA has been recognized by the Ethisphere Institute as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies.
Summary of Duties: The Division Clinical Specialist ??? CPOE/Pharmacist serves as the first level clinical pharmacy IT&S resource for the development, implementation, and support of CPOE, electronic medication reconciliation and advanced clinical applications across the facilities they support. Primary responsibilities include the 1) implementation and support of division-wide standardization, utilization, integration, and optimization activities related to CPOE, electronic medication reconciliation and advanced clinical applications and tools, 2) development, execution, and support of division-wide tools and resources focused on the CPOE clinical initiatives, 3) facilitation and project leadership of division-wide implementations of CPOE, electronic medication reconciliation and advanced clinical system functions, and 4) resolution of complex issues and requests escalated from the division Service Desk or other division or facility service resources. The Division Clinical Specialist ??? CPOE/Pharmacist coordinates parameter management, develops education/training materials, manages validation of system upgrades' impact on advanced applications, and implements software releases and best practices related to their specialty area(s). This individual participates in the company-wide community for CPOE, supports community growth within the division by establishing and growing strong relationships with facility Director of Advanced Clinicals, Senior Clinical Analysts and core team members, and works with their division peers to ensure advanced clinical applications are well supported throughout the division.
Supervisor: Manager - Clinical Application Services
Duties Include But Are Not Limited To:
- Actively supports and promotes systems standardization, utilization, and best practices in the area of CPOE.
- Support /Optimization for the Evidenced Based Order Sets Build/Updates
- Coordinates the implementation of standardization, utilization, integration, and optimization activities for CPOE, electronic medication reconciliation and advanced clinical system functions for their facilities
- Develop, execute, and support tools and resources focused on CPOE.
- Conducts problem and root cause analyses and timely and accurate resolution for complex issues and requests escalated from the division Service Desk or other division or facility service resources regarding advanced clinical applications within CPOE.
- Works with enterprise subject matter experts, services resources, and the enterprise Service Desk in managing resolution of CPOE incidents and requests.
- Works with facility Directors of Clinical Applications, Director of Pharmacy, Senior Clinical Analysts, and Division Clinical Specialist Team to provide support for module updates and advanced clinical applications within CPOE.
- Coordinates testing for advanced clinical applications within CPOE; assists in interpretation of test plans and in troubleshooting.
- Works with Education Specialist to design and develop base education/training materials in CPOE to support staff training and continued education.
- Coordinates priorities for reporting requests with the Division Reporting Analyst and the Division Clinical Specialist Team.
- Participates with peers in enterprise communities to identify and evaluate best practices, packaging and promoting best practice efforts.
- Works with their facilities to manage/facilitate implementation of standards, best practices, policies, procedures, and utilization plans within CPOE.
- Promotes system security and patient confidentiality and helps ensure compliance.
- Builds the community in CPOE by establishing and growing strong relationships with super users, core team members, facility clinical analysts, and specialty networks across HCA.
- Adheres to Code of Conduct and Mission & Value Statement.
- Participates in special projects as needed and performs other duties as assigned.
- On site presence at individual facilities
- Educates facility Pharmacy staff as needed on Meditech system changes and functions as the liaison between the system and the end users. #LI-TF1 INDDM
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Mature understanding of advanced clinical applications support processes and workflow
• Understands pertinent regulatory guidelines such as JCAHO, MQSA, HIPAA and ACR
• Demonstrated ability to establish and build strong relationships across a broad range of personality types
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clinical and information technology personnel verbally and in writing
• Demonstrated customer orientation
• Excellent leadership and teaching abilities
• Demonstrated advanced computer skills
• Customer service orientation and/or training
• Graduate of an ACPE accredited School of Pharmacy with a BS in Pharmacy or Pharm.D degree
• Three to seven years' experience in clinical application support preferred
Certification/Licensure: Possession/Maintenance of applicable state Pharmacist license
Physical Demands/Working Conditions: Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Work is performed in an office environment. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations. Travel between facilities in the division will be required.
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, we are the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 165 hospitals and 115 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and England and employing approximately 204,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities. Milton Johnson serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HCA.