Fast Paced Receptionist Position
Marsha L. Myers
3370 St. Rose Pkwy, Apt. 626
Henderson, NV 89052
*S.O.R.A. Certified Unarmed Security Guard
Skill Set: I am a highly intelligent, accomplished, versatile administrative professional, with solid experience providing executive-level support to senior attorneys/partners in various legal disciplines. The following is an abbreviated list of my skills and abilities:
- Communicates with skill and appropriateness at any level.
- Collaborative work style, but with strong leadership qualities.
- Highly organized with an awareness of the “big picture”.
- Accomplishes tasks with an extraordinary level of detail.
- Expert in creative problem solving and complex scheduling.
- Excellent skills in critical thinking and decision-making.
- Competent Blogger
• First Rate Customer Service
• Excellent Written Communication
• Event Planning
• Schedule Management
• Project Management
• Complex Travel
• Patent Terminology
Areas of Effectiveness:
• Coordinates in-house and external meetings, including site selection, catering, lodging and travel, FedEx & UPS services and tracking
• Coordinates coverage for attorneys as the result of unplanned absences or planned vacations.
• Avid blog creator, maintained, monitoring and designed.
Attention to Detail:
• Managed the updating, and ensured the accuracy of the calendar of events.
• Created PowerPoint presentations.
• Administered the docket reports, ensuring accuracy and proper filing.
• Maintained Professionals Billable Hours database.
• FedEx and UPS coordination and tracking.
• Interacted closely with clients as well as customers to ensure their sense of security and confidence in the company.
• Gently triaged phone callers, and completes their business, or routes to appropriate parties.
• Maintained a professional manner that fosters strong client and co-worker relations.
Marshalls, Sales Associate
06/2011 to 08/2013
As a member of the “Mark-Down” team, I work with a group of 4 or more to markdown the merchandise before the shoppers arrive. I also work at the cash register and checked out the customer purchases, as well as monitoring the fitting room and assisted customers with what they need to try on their selections.
Westminster Learning Center, - Administrative Assistant
06/2009 - 06/2011
Assisted students as well as prospective students in filling out their Financial Aid and loan applications. Also set up meetings in-house or out of the office, coordinated lunch meetings according to dietary restrictions. Ordered supplies and made sure that the order met the office demands and that the vendors gave us the best price possible for our office supplies. Made extensive MS Outlook calendar arrangements, kept track of meetings in-house and out of the office and sometimes selected the venue when requested or required to do so.
Darby & Darby, P.C., Patent Prosecution Secretary
02/2000 - 08/2008
Made sure that the applications were in condition to be submitted to the United States Patent and Trademark Office, along with typing, filing. Also, did extensive MS Outlook, meeting scheduling as well as out of office trips, made travel arrangements, plane, and train. Made hotel reservations, along with car rentals, set up meetings in-house and at other venues, along with typing, filing and MS Outlook meetings scheduling as well as out of office trips, made travel arrangements, plane, and train. Made hotel reservations along with car rentals.
Legal Secretary, Kaye, Scholer, Fierman, Hays & Handler, P.C. 02/1999 - 02/2000
This was a floater position, so I would work in various departments within the firm.
SOFTWARE SKILLS AMD CERTIFICATIONS:
Microsoft Office Specialist/Share Point Certification
Anointed by God Ministries, Newark, NJ (2016)
• Chaplaincy Certification to serve (ALL Incarcerated, Homebound, Hospitalized, In-Hospice or Palliative Care, Social Justice)
BTII INSTITUTE, Newark, NJ (2011)
• Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
PENN FOSTER CAREER SCHOOL (ONLINE) 2010
• MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Intergrading MSOffice Applications.
NEW YORK THEOLOGICAL SEMINARY, New York, New York (2004)
• Christian Education, Certificate in Christian Ministries
Everest University (On Line) 3/2012 to present
Graduation Date: October 2016
Associates Degree: Business Administration
Bachelor’s Degree 2018 I Ashford University/Online Graduation date pending