Relocating to Henderson, NV 89014 | 718-812-7467 | email@example.com
Focused healthcare professional with background in hospital settings and experience improving processes to foster excellent patient outcomes. Background includes supervising staff, managing budgets, verifying insurance benefits, and arranging schedules. Excel at working cross-functionally with staff members at all levels to accomplish goals and identify best practices. Display deep commitment to offering patients the best possible experience and care at all times. Proficient in EPIC, IDX, CMS, and Microsoft Office Suite.
Eastern University, Philadelphia, PA
Master of Business Administration in Health Administration | 2015
Syracuse University-Utica College, Utica, NY
Bachelor of Science in Health Studies | 2012
Cooper University Health Care, Camden, NJ 2016 – Present
Supervisor, Access Business Services
- Supervise 12-15 Insurance Verification Specialists; coordinate daily staff activities, ensuring equitable work distribution by reviewing reported referral and authorization completions.
- Create and maintain training and reference materials via SharePoint; train new employees on job functions, policies, procedures, tools, and systems.
- Track program statistics, conduct quality assurance (QA) audits, and provide monthly updates to clinical and business operations leaders.
- Verify insurance eligibility, plan benefits, and coordination of benefits (COB).
- Obtain referral and insurance pre-certifications/prior-authorizations for inpatient and outpatient surgeries, procedures, treatments and/or radiology studies.
- Explain insurance coverage and benefits; offer referrals for uninsured and underinsured patients.
- Generate patient liability estimates, collect payment, and/or establish payment plan agreements.
- Resolve issues encountered by Insurance Specialists or Financial Screening Navigators.
- Complete timekeeper responsibilities in Kronos/E-star.
- Administer employee performance evaluations and provide feedback regarding improvement.
University of Pennsylvania Health System-Ambulatory Access Center, Philadelphia, PA 2014 – 2016
Patient Access Representative (Rheumatology Department Lead)
- Served as first point-of-interaction (POI); ensured a positive client experience when explaining registration, insurance, and validation processes.
- Completed insurance verification and admissions pre-certifications; resolved patient billing inquiries.
- Maintained up-to date-patient accounts utilizing Epic software.
- Provided ongoing support to the Orthopedic, Pain Management, Rehab Medicine, and Rheumatology Departments by scheduling patients for initial consultations, follow-ups, and post-op visits.
- Collaborated with a colleague to create an Innovation Team consisting of 6-8 FTEs to enhance patient satisfaction and employee involvement.
- Served as a liaison between the Access Center and the Clinical Practices.
- Oversaw QA and protocol modifications.
Page Two | 718-812-7467 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Related Experience (continued)
Caregivers, Utica, NY 2011 – 2012
Certified Home Health Aide
- Monitored patients’ health by measuring temperature, pulse, respiration, and blood pressure.
- Assisted patients with passive range of motion.
- Provided support with mobility from beds, baths, wheelchairs, or automobiles.
Additional Professional Experience
Sports Unlimited Inc., Harleysville, PA 2013 – 2015
Sales and Service Representative (Part-time, 2015)
- Informed customers of deals and promotions, sold products and/or services, assisted with refunds/exchanges, and answered questions regarding warranties or terms-of-sale.
- Obtained orders, serviced existing accounts, and established new accounts.
- Resolved customer issues via phone or email by investigating problems, developing solutions, preparing reports, and making recommendations to management.
- Utilized computer technology to manage high-call volume.
Community of Peace Academy, St. Paul, MN 2012 – 2013
Special Education Para-Professional
- Offered academic and behavioral intervention and support to high school students, retaining student progress notes for guardian communication.
- Implemented classroom accommodations and modifications to engage students’ learning.
Utica College Alumni Office, Utica, NY 2010 – 2011
Telecommunications Associate and Marketing Assistant
- Coordinated and managed all marketing, advertising, and promotional tools.
- Assisted in raising over $350,000 in funds from alumni and donors through telephone contact.
- Developed and implemented marketing plans and projects for new and existing products.
- Determined and managed the marketing budgets.
Certification and Training
Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certified, Cooper University Health Care | 2016
Crucial Conversations | Essentials of Project Management
Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. 2011 – Present
Regions Hospital 2013
Masonic Home Rehabilitation Center 2011 – 2012
Student Nurses Association 2010 – 2011
Faxton St. Luke’s Hospital