Senior HR Business Partner (Call Center)
1100 Via Alloro
Henderson, NV 89011
702-290-1430 ~ firstname.lastname@example.org
Human Resources Business Partner with 20 years in employee management, hiring, training, labor relations. Highly detail-oriented and organized. Demonstrated success in leading all HR functions and in building successful partnerships with operational leaders to create cohesive and effective teams focused on delivering timely and consistent results with maximum business impact.
Skills & Competencies
Clearwater Paper, Las Vegas, NV (11/11 – Present)
Senior Human Resource Manager
9/15 – Present
Reports to Sr. Director of HR/Plant Manager
Leading the Human Resource functions for a 240 employee’s world class manufacturing facility with sales revenue in excess of $440M. Report to the Plant Manager and functionally to the Director of Human Resources.
- · Identify business needs and the Human Resources programs, staffing and structure that support those needs. Design, implement, and deploy respective project(s) to facilitate program requirements.
- · Manage and maintain performance management systems to include performance measurements, re-focused job descriptions, employee and leadership development program.
- · Represent management in employee relations issues; coach and counsel managers and supervisors on performance-related decisions. Partner with counsel on all compliance matters.
- · Conduct employee orientation, training, investigations and oversee the administration of employee benefits and payroll.
- Facilitate and manage the begin to end recruitment process for exempt and non-exempt role & initiate onboarding. KPI fill target 90 days.
- · Partnered with internal customers to develop training programs emphasizing performance management systems to include hiring practices, re-focused job descriptions, restructured compensation system, employee and leadership development program and performance measurements.
- · Total Productive Management – new to Clearwater Paper.
- o Responsible for the OC (Organizational Capacity) Pillar of TPM, which include oversite for Communication, Skills Matrix, Training, Employee Engagement, Onboarding, Rewards and Recognition. KPI’s in place for Employee Engagement, target 100%, actual to date July 75%.
Regional Human Resource Manager
11/11 – 9/15
Reported to General Manager.
Led the Human Resources function for 6 manufacturing locations with a combined total of 1900 employees and oversaw a team of seven (7) HR professionals located in Neenah & Ladysmith Wisconsin, Lewiston Idaho, Shelby NC, Las Vegas NV, Oklahoma City, OK, Elwood, IL
- Acted as go-to resource for department directors and employee advocate in conflict resolution, counseling, benefits, employee relations, and other personal/professional matters.
- Workforce plans were monitored and updated to identify those in move up positions.
- Develop/enhance leadership teams by designing/implementing talent management initiatives regarding talent acquisition and employee development.
- · Improve/enhance Labor Relations capabilities by serving as liaison with plant leadership, employees, and union officials.
- · Led improvement of compensation plan including grade, short and long term incentive programs, and annual wage strategies through implementation and management.
- · Led successful upgrades on Kronos and Ultipro HRIS systems.
- · KPI – 100% Sox Compliant – Target for 2015 100%, Target for 2016 100%.
- · SME (Subject Matter Expert) for training and implementation of process systems.
- · SME for transition from Applicant Harbor to Icims applicant tracking systems.
Pabco Gypsum, Las Vegas, NV
10/07 – 9/10
Human Resource and Safety Manager
- · Supervised one direct reports in daily HR functions for a facility of 190 employees.
- · Safety champion that cut recordable and compensable injuries by over 70% in the first 2 years which reduced claims experience bottom line costs through diligent investigation, proactive prevention, and employee communication and engagement.
- · Conducted employee orientation, training, investigations and oversee the administration of employee benefits.
- · Responsible for compliance relative to OSHA and MSHA compliance. Conducted the first confined space rescue simulation involving local MSHA enforcement, partnered with Fire Department Chief and Flight for Life team.
- · Developed and implemented competitive salary structure for Management, Operations, and Administrative and Scientific support staff.
- · Chosen to participate in the selection of new HRIS/Payroll systems – SAP. Responsible for implementation, testing and training.
10/1983 – 02/1985
- · Coordinator incoming orders, working with customer service for on-time delivery.
- · Responsible for plotting/diagramming loads for transport.
- · Set up deliveries with dispatch and trucking companies, working with common carriers.
- · Input order billing and worked with accounts receivable to ensure on-time payment.
02/85 – 06/1990 –promoted to
- · Reconciled and Responsible for over 1MM Sq ft of daily production.
- · Performed daily cycle counts. Target KPI 100% - actual average 98.5%
- · Received and recorded raw materials
- · Ordered raw materials – set up JIT deliveries with vendors.
- · Ensure compliance testing was completed for raw materials.
- · Provided reports for office and plant manager, explaining any discrepancies as well as providing correction action for such discrepancies.
1990 – 1995 –promoted to
- · Reconciled all monthly receipts for Raw Materials
- · Reviewed all production reporting and cycle counts for accuracy.
- · Determined usage of raw materials through BOM’s (Bill of Materials). Responsible for accuracy of standard and actual usages of all materials and supplies.
- · Determined plant cost to make drywall products.
- · Reported and explained all variances.
- · Performed month-end close and presented final production and budget results to Plant manager and Leadership Team.
During this time period, became interested in HR/Safety. Worked with HR Manager to provide a developmental succession plan to change career direction. This included:
- · Involvement to address employee issues and concerns.
- · Working closely with HR Manager
- · Met with Union International Representative, both Teamsters and USW.
- · Observed Grievance Process and Reconciliation process.
- · Assisted in recording minutes and modifying contract during negotiations.
- · Began attending and eventually conducting safety meetings.
- · Became certified in OSHA compliance – attended 10 & 30 hour certification conference.
- · Maintained OSHA 300 and 300A logs.
- · Conducted Hazard Assessments throughout the mill – formed a commit to eliminate hazards.
- · Worked closely with Occupational Center regarding post treatment and process relative to employee injuries.
- · Became a safety champion relieving HR manager of the Safety responsibility.
- · Reduced OSHA recordable rate from 1.85 to 1.00 in first year through introducing and training in Behavior Based Safety.
- · Reporting Near Misses and performing root cause analysis to eliminate or reduce potential of hazard identified.
1996 – 2007 – promoted to
Sr. Human Resource/Safety Manager – Direct Supervisor for HR Representative.
Reported to Plant Manager
Relocation to Burlington NJ – Responsibilities included:
- · All operation production reporting, inventory, costs, budget.
- · Oversaw all payroll processes.
- · Chosen to assist with selection of new HRIS and Payroll System. On the SAP team to assist in developing modules to fit plant/company needs.
- · SME (Subject Matter Expert), for training and implementation of new SAP process.
- · Safety Champion for entire facility
- o Conducted weekly safety meetings.
- o Developed and was Chairman of Safety Committee.
- o Ensured annual required safety training was completed.
- o Ensured 100% OSHA Compliance.
- o Reduced recordable injury rate by 40%, by increasing activity reporting near misses. Strong floor presences, performing root cause analysis. Partnering with Occupational Centers, staff and physicians.
- · HR Business Partner with Plant Manager
- · Ensured compliance with all law/payroll regulations, FLSA/Workmen’s Comp.
- · Oversaw all FMLA/Disability and Workmen’s Comp Claims.
- · Lowered WC claims costs 30% by reducing injuries through reporting and performing root cause analysis.
- · Lead and participated in all employee relations issues, including grievances, arbitrations, contract negotiations.
- · Developed close working relationship with International Rep. – USW
- · Was given additional responsibility for an additional Paper Mill. Overall all grievance, and union activity as well – Teamsters, USW.
- · Provided consistent feedback and coaching to leadership team.
- · Developed a workforce plan for the site, to assist in developing succession planning and providing a path forward for future promotions.
- · Participated in contract negotiations partnering with corporate and legal representation during bargaining. Developed and maintained consistent professional relationship with Union resulting in a 50% decrease in grievances.
Essex Community College, Baltimore, MD, Human Resource
Certified DiSC Instructor
Certified to perform and read Audiograms
Continued annual education regarding:
Harassment Investigation and Reporting
Labor Law and Arbitration/NLRB regulations
Effective Communication and Conflict Resolution
Coaching for Leadership Success and Providing Effective Feedback
Employee Personnel and Medical File Compliance
Basic Skills – Software
Icims – applicant tracking.
Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Excel