Dear Sir or Madam,
I am excited to join a team that is successful, employee centered and will allow my leadership and
creativity to flourish in the creation of fearless and engaging yet pragmatic content while exceeding
customer experience expectations. I am confident in my ability to conceptualize a brand and
communicate it to the right audience in the most cost effective and efficient way possible.
There’s nothing better than a sense of humor and a fresh look when it comes to marketing. I know I
would be a great asset to your company in many realms due to my unique experience and skill set. My
passion lies in helping companies brand and rebrand, content marketing creation, developing integrated,
thought-provoking campaigns and most importantly building and maintaining relationships with top
Managing and branding a multi-faceted organization over eleven years, coupled with running my own
company has led to the needed skills to balance multiple projects, lead and train employees, and solve
problems quickly both collaboratively and as a team member.
I look forward to hearing from you and discussing how I can help your company achieve its goals.
* 3120 Whispering Canyon Court, Henderson, NV 89052 * Ph. 808-551-5515 * E-mail. firstname.lastname@example.org
EXPERIENCED COMMUNICATIONS, MARKETING AND SALES LEADER DRIVING CONTENT
CREATION, BUSINESS AND BRAND DEVELOPMENT
• 10 plus years of proven success as a top sales and revenue producer, organizational communications specialist
and influential leader
• Analyzes marketplace and competition to determine most effective pricing and strategies
• Excels at developing multi-channel marketing strategies and campaigns involving venturesome advertising and
branding. Experienced with e-commerce, product and website launches.
• Holds a Master’s Degree in Communication with specific focus on management, training, business assessments
and consulting techniques.
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
• Public, media, internal relations and communication
• Content Marketing Specialist utilizing social media, web,
email leading to market expansion & increased awareness
• Creative, open-minded leadership & training
Chrysalis Gifts, Co-Owner July 2015 - Present
• Established Chrysalis Gifts and run all aspects of business including e-commerce website, marketing, website
development, sales, product management, branding, operations, vendor relations, budgeting, etc.
Spokane Notary Public, Independent Consulting Work August 2014 - May 2015
• Designed logo and website for www.SpokaneNotaryPublic.com
• Marketing and business consultation, Marketing material creation
Honolulu Club, Director of Membership, Sales and Marketing April 2007 - June 2013
• Managed all marketing & communications efforts for membership base of 5,000 and 115 staff
• Oversaw graphic design team in creation of all material from promotional items to website banners
• Trained and led the sales team to exceed sales and revenue goals consistently
• Developed the monthly, quarterly and yearly sales plans, budgeting, and forecasting
• Trained Hospitality Desk in sales, customer service, dealing with conflicts, teamwork, communication
• Oversaw club in absence of General Manager
• Selected Accomplishments:
★Rebranded club’s image with a modernized logo, new motto and advertising look to shed the club of its
★Revamped marketing approach and message to attract younger markets and diverse socioeconomic statuses
which led to an increase in overall club sales by 14%. New Young Professional membership grew member
base by 20%.
★Developed & launched a unified multi-channel marketing campaign utilizing print, E-mail, direct mail, web,
TV, radio, social and grass roots which contributed to exponential growth of lead generation system
★Conceptualized 3 commercials, numerous recurring radio spots on a biweekly basis, PPC web ads, showcased
in over 20 magazines and directories.
★Introduced and controlled social media presence, Facebook, Twitter, Yelp, YouTube, club blog.
★Inaugurated “Honolulu Club Networks” - Organized events including team building days, tournaments, weight
loss challenges, Wine Down Wednesdays and networking parties to add value to membership, increase
community awareness, promote company unity and increase corporate & individual sales.
★Created and implemented Corporate Wellness Programs which led to an increase in corporate membership
sales by 43%.
★Developed the Honolulu Club Member Advisory Board and headed monthly meetings. Succeeded in giving
the membership a voice in club decisions as well as garnered support and empathy for management/ownership.
★Through trade and vendor negotiations was able to secure Advertising and Public Relations efforts at no cost or
well below market value.
• Company branding, re-branding, launches
• Excels at sales and building a network of
relationships that lead to mutual benefit
★Initiated Member Surveys and Member Retention Program in an effort to identify deficiencies and capitalize
on unmet needs proactively to reduce member attrition. Such efforts enabled the club to consistently increase
club dues monthly revenue by at least $1,500; an increase of roughly 11 memberships per month. Club ranked
among the highest retention rates nationwide.
★Team collected over $500,000 in prepaid membership revenue in one year
★Named Manager of the Year and Employee of the Year (2 times)
Honolulu Club, Membership Representative March 2003 - April 15, 2007
• Oversaw Membership Department in absence of Director
• Prospecting, selling and maintaining of corporate and individual memberships
• Contribution to lead generation system and sales pipeline
• Selected Accomplishments:
★Employee of the Year (2 times 2004, 2006)
★Consistently exceeded club sales and revenue goals
★Named on the National Wellbridge Top Sales Producers List
★Average monthly revenue at 160% of goal
★Broke club record with 53.5 sales in one month
C. and J. Consulting, Account Manager April 2002 - December 2003
• Procured and maintained new business accounts, attended meetings and promotional events
• Assisted in introducing San Miguel’s new San Mig Light beer to the Hawaii market
• Selected Accomplishments:
★Spearheaded a “San Mig Light Coming Out Party and Beer Tasting” from start to finish. Planning and
implementation included comprising the guest list of top bars and restaurants on the island, designing and
mailing the invitations, securing a venue, entertainment, sponsorship, staff and caterers, take-home gifts and
raffle prizes, hosting, and following up with prospective sales.
★Efforts led to over 15 new accounts within the year.
Honolulu Club, Hospitality Desk Associate May 2002 - March 2003
• Demonstrated knowledge of the club’s services, amenities, and programs
• Customer service, receptionist, greeter, and informational source for members
Sheraton Waikiki & Royal Hawaiian Hotels PR Dept., Internship January 2001 - May 2001
• Right-arm to the Public Relations Director, B.J. Whitman
• Assisted in implementing programs, attended meetings, wrote biographies, newsletters and press releases, and
facilitated daily activities which often involved meetings with hotel management and dealing with prominent
guests including athletes, actors and film crews
University of Hawaii 2003
Master’s Degree in Communication
Management communication, leadership skills, team-building strategies, marketing, training, organizational
culture and morale, public speaking, telecommunication trends, dealing effectively with conflict and change
management, business assessment and consulting techniques
University of Hawaii 2001
Bachelor’s Degree in Communication with Speech Minor
Hawaii Pacific Health, Volunteer Coordinator and Writer 1992 – 2013
* Help facilitate professional and community health awareness programs and children’s events
* Train new volunteers and oversee aspects of the programs including registration and coordination
* Write articles for brochures, newsletters and press releases for the foundation
Friends of Hawaii Charities / Sony Open / Susan G. Komen, Race for the Cure, Volunteer 2009 - 2013
* Facilitate event and race procedures, pass out vendor gifts, snacks and health awareness material