To secure a position with a well established organization with a stable environment that
will lead to a long lasting relationship.
• Have over 40 years experience in public service and management of personnel with a proven capacity for discharging increasing responsibility and accountability. An effective leader of personnel with definitive training experience
• Completed Nevada P. O. S. T training at the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Academy.
• Provided authoritative staff support in planning and implementation of command directives, prepared reports, schedules, rosters, correspondence, naval messages, instructions and adherence to standard operating procedures and safety precautions.
• Knowledge in small arms weaponry used as a Marine on active duty to include: 45 cal & 9mm hand guns, Shot Gun and the M16A1 Rifle. While as a commissioned police officer, 9mm Beretta and Glock 22, 40 Cal. Applicable to security/law enforcement positions.
2/94-12/13: CLARK COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT POLICE DEPARTMENT, NEVADA
Commissioned Clark County School Police Officer, having the same
responsibilities as that of city police departments as it relates
to the Clark County School system. Responsible for policing the 5th
largest school district in the nation, encompassing 357 schools, 1500
school buses, 1800 daily routes with a student population of 309,000
and 37,000 teachers and support staff personnel.
9/92-1/94: LAS VEGAS METROPOLITAN POLICE DEPARTMENT, LAS VEGAS, NEVADA
Completed 10 months of police training. Patrolled the streets of Las Vegas.
Made arrests and criminally cited violators. Transported and incarcerated
prisoners. Completed necessary (booking) paperwork while in the city,
county and juvenile detention centers. Assisted other officers when needed.
9/91-9/92: BASE BILLETING CHIEF, MARINE CORPS BASE, CAMP PENDLETON, CALIFORNIA
Supervised approximately (13) Marines in the performance of their assigned
duties. Conducted inspections of personnel and related equipment pertinent
to the operation of hotels/motels aboard Camp Pendleton, CA. Conducted
unannounced cash counts at hotel sites. Planned training schedules in
accordance with current Marine Corps directives. Assisted Director of
Billeting as needed. Completed 21 years of honorable and faithful service.
9/90-8/91: CAREER AND EDUCATION COUNSLOR, MARINE CORPS AIR STATION, CAMP
Assigned as the Career and Education Counselor for approximately 200
Marines. Counseled Marines to insure the best qualified remained in the Corps.
Initiated paperwork for reenlistment, extensions, and ceremonies for Marines.
Counseled Marines educationally and prepared necessary paperwork for
enrollment in various colleges. Coordinated between Marines and colleges
within the geographical area. Assisted Commanding Officer when needed.
3/89-9/90: CAREER AND EDUCATION COUNSELOR, MARINE AIRCRAFT GROUP- 39, MARINE
CORPS AIR STATION, CAMP PENDLETON, CALIFORNIA
Instrumental in the retention and education goals within this organization
to include: supervising (6) subordinate career counselors in all facets of
counseling and administration relative to: reenlistments, reenlistment
incentives and extensions. Prepared necessary paperwork involving tuition
assistance, working closely with college and university representatives in the
geographical area in order to facilitate Marines in their educational goals.
2/88-3/89: CAREER COUNSELOR, 2ND BATTALION, 12TH MARINES, AND 3RD COMBAT
ENGINEERS, 3RD MARINE DIVISION, OKINAWA, JAPAN
Instrumental in the retention goals within these two organizations. Counseled
Marines on reenlistment, extensions, and incentives. Prepared and submitted
to higher headquarters reenlistment and extension documents for approval.
Initiated and finalized reenlistment ceremonies in accordance with the
Commanding Officer. Assisted Commanding Officer when needed.
6/86-2/88: CYCLIC MAINTENANCE COORDINATOR, CAMP BUTLER, OKINAWA, JAPAN
Supervised Marines and Okinawans in the performance of their duties.
Tasked with initiating and accomplishing building maintenance aboard
Marine Corps bases throughout the island of Okinawa. Utilized a facility
cyclic maintenance data base system to identify structures in need of
maintenance and disseminated workload evenly to respective workshops.
6/84-6/86: UTILITIES CREW CHIEF, MARINE CORPS BASE, CAMP PENDLETON, CALIFORNIA
Supervised Marines and civilians in the performance of their duties. Handled
housing emergency maintenance calls aboard Camp Pendleton. Prioritized the
handling of emergency calls and distributed workload evenly to civilian and
Marine workers assigned to my crew.
3/81-6/84: RECRUITERS SCHOOL, SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA AND RECRUITER,
Successfully graduated from a formal salesmanship school and eventually
completed 3 years as a recruiter in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Maintained
3 consecutive years above average achieving 2 meritorious promotions to
Staff Sergeant (E-6) and Gunnery Sergeant (E-7) respectfully.
5/79-3/81: CAREER COUNSELOR, 7TH ENGINEER SUPPORT BATTALION, FIRST SERVICE
SUPPORT GROUP, MARINE CORPS BASE, CAMP PENDLETON, CALIFORNIA
See duties and responsibilities for Career Counselor above
5/77-5/79: INFANTRYMAN, 3RD BATTALION, 2ND MARINES, 2ND MARINE DIVISION, CAMP
LEJEUNE, NORTH CAROLINA
Extensively trained in the fundamentals of combat and weaponry to include:
jungle guerrilla warfare, amphibious warfare, desert warfare, and other
associated combat training.
1/74-5/77: ARMOR, MOTOR TRANSPORT CHIEF, COMMUNICATIONS CHIEF, RESERVE
CENTER, COMPANY B, INSPECTOR-INSTUCTOR STAFF, TOLEDO, OHIO
Performed leadership role in the area of inspecting and instructing Marine
reserves during weekend drills and annual training duty in the areas of
weaponry, vehicle maintenance, and various communication devices.
Maintained individual records on all assigned equipment and performed
preventative maintenance on monthly and quarterly basis.
1/73-1/74: ENLISTED INSTRUCTOR, OFFICER BASIC SCHOOL, QUANTICO, VIRGINIA
Instructed newly appointed Officers in the fundamentals and operation of
various weaponry within the arsenal of the United States Marine Corps.
1/72-1/73: INFANTRYMAN, 2ND BATTALION, 4TH MARINES, 3RD MARINE DIVISION,
Served on the island of Okinawa and in the contiguous waters of Vietnam
aboard the USS Cayuga and USS Sumter respectfully.
6/71-1/72: MARINE CORPS RECRUIT DEPOT, SAN DIEGO AND 2ND BATTALION, 7TH
MARINES, 1ST MARINE DIVISION, CAMP PENDLETON, CALIFORNIA
Completed 12 weeks of recruit training and 4 weeks of Infantry training.
Assigned as an infantryman with Headquarters Company, 2nd Battalion, 7th
Marines, 1st Marine Division.
• Recruit Training, San Diego, California
• Infantry School, Camp Pendleton, California
• Recruiters School, San Diego, California
• Staff Non-Commissioned Officers Academy, Quantico, Virginia
• Combat Engineer School, Camp Lejeune, North Carolina
• Career Counselor School, Norfolk, Virginia
• Drug & Alcohol School, Quantico, Virginia
• Associates Degree, Overseas Campus, Okinawa, Japan
• Nevada P.O.S.T & Field Training Certificates, LVMPD, Las Vegas, Nevada
• Yearly Nevada P.O.S.T Training, CCSDPD, Clark County, Nevada
• A-1 Truck Driving School, CDL Class "A" Passengers/ Tankers/Doubles/ Triples
• Jani-King, owned and operated (5 years) a commercial cleaning franchise
• Lewis Stages, trained and operated a motor coach in the Las Vegas area
PROFESSIONAL REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST