Kenneth W. Garrett, CPhT
3058 Tara Murphy Drive, Henderson, NV 89044 I (702) 423-9810 I email@example.com
Objective: To join a company where my skills, training and proven accomplishments can contribute to and grow with the company’s strategic plans, goals and direction.
Licensed by NV Dept Of Education – Substitute LIC# 0000106458 05/2015 – 05/2018
CPhT Cert# 10049868 05/2014 – 05/2018
PBMCT Pharmacy Benefit Management 02/2016 – 02/2018
Everest College (ASHP accreditation) 4.0 GPA City of Industry, CA
Pharmacy Technician Diploma – 760 hr curriculum 12/2013
Licensed by California State Board of Pharmacy LIC# TCH 136569 11/2013 – 10/2017
Licensed by Nevada State Board of Pharmacy LIC# PT 15465 01/2014 – 10/2016
Certificates obtained: CPR / AED, First Aid, OSHA, HIPAA
University of Phoenix 3.32 GPA Fullerton, CA
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration 09/1989 - 06/1991
- Ability to perform flow rates, IV solutions, Aseptic technique.
- Knowledge of brand / generic names and classifications, automated systems.
- Processing prescription orders and refills.
- Filling ADM’s, (Pyxis MedStation 3500) and labeling medications.
- Medical abbreviations and terminology.
- Allegations, fill unit dose cassettes.
- Skilled at IV and TPN math calculations.
- Mixing and drawing IV’s and TPN’s.
- Pharmaceutical abbreviations.
- Chemotherapy processes and procedures.
- Inventory control processes and procedures.
- Verbal and written communication excellence, monetary management.
- Knowledge of Inventory management.
- Used Pharmacy management software.
- Alpha and numeric filing.
- Appointment scheduling.
- Warm and friendly telephone techniques.
- Minimum 46 wpm with 98% accuracy.
- Microsoft Word™, Excel™, PowerPoint™.
- Bookkeeping, accounting, computer literate.
- Inputs patient data and medical orders into a computer system.
- Ability to write clear, comprehensive and grammatically correct documents.
10yr Work History:
Expert Global Solutions (EGS) Prior Authorization Department Las Vegas, NV
Prior Authorization Technician 09/2015- 06/2016
- Full time.
- Responsible for completing inbound / outbound calls to / from patients, physicians and pharmacists while ensuring a high level of accuracy and maximizing productivity.
- Resolve claim issues for patients, pharmacists and doctor’s offices.
- Constantly meet established productivity, schedule and quality standards while maintaining a good attendance record.
- Pharmacy / prescription data entry experience.
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications.
- Ability to learn new and complex computer system applications.
- Provide quality customer service to callers.
Smiths Food and Drug Store Pharmacy Henderson, NV
Pharmacy Technician I 01/2014-04/2014
- Part time ( maximum of 20 hrs per week).
- Assisted the Pharmacist(s) and fellow technicians.
- Learned to enter patient, insurance and order information into computer.
- Provided quality customer service to patients.
- Greeted customers, answered questions and requests, ran the cash register.
- Filled prescription orders, packaged and delivered to Pharmacist for verification.
- Delivered medications to customers.
- Was learning the Smiths Pharmacy software package.
Kaiser Permanente Main Inpatient Pharmacy Downey, CA
240 hour Clinical Externship 10/2013-11/2013
- Assisted the Pharmacists using proper Aseptic techniques; sanitized hood.
- Prepared IV and TPN medications for PICU, NICU, PED’s, ER and adults under Pharmacist supervision.
- Helped deliver medication to nursing stations, filled cassettes and ADM’s (Pyxis MedStation 3500).
- Removed out of date items from inventory, restocked shelves and supplies.
- Prepared crash carts promptly and accurately.
Servisair, LLC Aviation Ground Services El Segundo, CA
Aircraft Fueler / Recap Fuel Clerk 09/2012-03/2013
- Input data from 300+ fuel slips into an Excel spreadsheet, emailed daily reports to upper management and clients.
- Fueled American Eagle jet aircraft at LAX.
ECO Properties Real Estate Office Henderson, NV
Member of Sales Staff and National Association of Realtors 08/2009-08/2011
- To sell, lease, rent 1-4 unit properties in the state of Nevada.
D.R. Horton New Home Builder Henderson, NV
Accounting Asst, Purchasing Asst, On-Site Administrator 12/2000-12/2008
- Did accounts payable and sent purchase orders on AS400 computer system.
- Managed daily field office issues.
- Responded to homeowner concerns;
- Trained new administrators
- Initiated and conducted monthly meetings with upper management.
- Office liaison for requests, customer complaints and/or inquiries.
- Coordinated and assisted in problem solving involving the clerical and/or administrative office procedures function in accordance with management instructions.
- Composed sensitive correspondence and reports utilizing PC based word processing and/or spreadsheet applications.
- Ordered forms and supplies for sales offices and administrative trailers.
- Prioritized assignments and met deadlines established by manager(s).
- Performed various office and clerical functions.
- Troubleshot office equipment and scheduled maintenance and repairs.